Thursday, December 10, 2009

HOW LONG

Unconditional expressions of the word love
Help me to understand what has happened to us
We used to be happy, laugh, joke, and play
Now I pray for one peaceful day
Where we don't argue
End up not speaking
The beginning they say is always so good
Mesmerized and loving it
I guess that's that puppy love
I look back and laugh
Thinking those were the good old days
So help me to understand something
How long does love last?
How long can love last?
I guess as long as it can escape the past
The past of hurt, pain, and the bruises of a bad love
The past of giving so much and getting no love
In return for all of your emotional giving
And physical endurance
So tell me can you help me to understand something
How long does love last?
How long can love last?
I guess as long as it can escape the past 

 © 2009 N.Y.W. All Rights Reserved. No reproduction permitted without author’s express consent.

No comments: